Saturday, November 20, 2010

Where is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?

Where is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century? They tell me mine is bad, I read how to change it, but can't find it inside the engine. If you don't know this but DO know where I can find free engine manuals I would be just as greatful. thanks.Where is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?
I believe you will find it underneath the car/engine, probably near the middle but closer to the passenger side. This happened on my Mercury Sable, and hitting the coil with a hammer lightly would get it to work again temporarily. I got some strange looks in parking lots crawled under my car and banging away!



I changed just the coil (which was cheap) and haven't had a problem since (over a year ago, now), even though the mechanic tried to tell me I needed to change the whole starter motor as well!Where is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?
the coils are sitting on top of the ignitor. there is either 1 huge coil with 6 %26quot;towers%26quot; or leads on it, or 3 coils with 2 towers/leads on it.

find a spark plug cable, follow it from the plug to the other end. the other end is where the coil is.Where is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?
I think the engine coil is located next to the rest of the car in the junkyardWhere is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?
I would look under the hood and find the spark plug wires. Trace them back to the distributor. There is a single wire running from the distributor to the coil. QEDWhere is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?
find a plug lead follow it back to the distributor cap in the middle of this is a tall tower follow this lead to the coil thats how uk engines are us should be the sAMEWhere is the ignition coil located in a 1990 buick century?
it depends on what motor you have..

if it has a distributor the coil is in the cap..

if no spark plug wires are visible..the coils are in the valve cover.. and connect directly to the plugs