Saturday, November 20, 2010

Automotive mechanic's question?

Hi there all. I am a single mom, one left in college, and a grandma on retirement which means no money to throw around anywhere! Please help if you can. I have a 2002 Ford Focus with no problems and I maintain well. It has 131,000 miles though and I am trying to keep it going for another 2 years, until daughter graduates. Question: Do I need to change the ignition coils when I chnage the spark plugs and wires? How My serpentine belt not have problem but I just replaced anyway since car so many miles. What kinds of things do I really want to do to make sure that my car lasts as long as possible. Thanks so much, Sue.Automotive mechanic%26039;s question?
look in to having the timming belt changed as for the coil pack no you don't need that changedAutomotive mechanic%26039;s question?
no you dont need coils renewed,most important is oil and filter change dont let it go further than a year/12000mls also throw an air filter in then,they are very cheap.. the rest you will notice bad plugs-engine runs bad,bad tyres-cornering problems/control problems, bad breaks-audible notification,bad wipers-no vision and so on. the fact that you've had it so long you might find it worth while to look into a brake fluid change,p/s fluid change and coolant change, peace out