Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I find online a diagram showing me how to change the ignition coil on my 98 Ford F250?

My Ford needs an ignition coil replaced. I know I can buy it for $70 and do my own work for nothing. The dealer charges $100 for the coil and $150 for labor. I know there must be some place on the internet showing where the coil is under the hood? I have the coil but have NO idea where it goes on these new computerized motors? Any links anyone can send me?How do I find online a diagram showing me how to change the ignition coil on my 98 Ford F250?
Well I did mine on my 2003 ford f350 and was located right on plugs and I purchased a guide on cd from ebay. It was a get help and is very easy to do just have patience. good luck. And your right about the price and mine was only 49.00 at autozone. and they offer scann tool to check which one it is.How do I find online a diagram showing me how to change the ignition coil on my 98 Ford F250?
There are two on those vehicles usually (and make sure what f-250 you have as there are two f-250s that vintage... a 1998 built F-250 superduty technically a 1999 model year and a f-250 based upon the f-150 body style)



but they are on the front of the engine mounted right next to the radiator shroud.... and you must put the plug wires right for it to run right....



Some of the 1998 f-150s with 5.4s had coil on plug if I remember and as the other gentlemen said it's not hard..