Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Should I replace the pick up coil?

What should I check if my truck is jumping like it isn't getting fuel? I have changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, spark plugs, spark wires, and the distributor cap. Some one told me that it may be the pick up coil or ignition coil. What would the symptoms of this be and how can I tell if it needs to be replaced?Should I replace the pick up coil?
could be plugged catalytic converter. maybe intake leak. probably should clean the carbuerator or throttle body with carb/choke cleaner.Should I replace the pick up coil?
take the coil or pickup coil to a parts house and they can check it for youShould I replace the pick up coil?
year of auto really helps

my email is openShould I replace the pick up coil?
It depends what vehicle,and how old it is,etc.Yes,your pick up coil could do this,as could the ignition coil.So could a bad gas cap and fuel pressure regulator.Should I replace the pick up coil?
have you checked the timing?Should I replace the pick up coil?
what make and model and engine? it could be a flat cam? does it do it under a load? idle?